Disasters are not confined to public places alone, they can occur in the home too and most times, from the kitchen.
• When in the kitchen, open windows for cross ventilation.
• Check for leaking gases and put gas and stove off except in use.
• If you are cooking with firewood, ensure that the fire is far away from combustibles, like rubber, plastic, paper, towels, etc except if intended for the fire to increase.
• If your pot happens to be on fire due to overheating, cover the pot to kill the oxygen intake. Lack of oxygen puts fire off.
• Keep children away from fire, nylon bags, heat and dangerous utensils such as knives and forks.
• Keep kitchen clean to avoid attracting rodents and pests, dangerous to the health.
• Avoid slippery kitchen floors, wait till dried.
• Always protect your food.
• Preserve food rightly.
• Teach your children basic safety tips in the home.
DISASTER IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
MAKE YOUR HOME SAFE
SAVE OUR ENVIRONMENT